Cacao Barry Cocoa Powder; Extra Brute
Bag of 1kg | Bag of 5kg
- Product Code: SCC1459
- Description: Reddish Brown; Fat 22-24%
- Pack Size:
- Suitable For: Vegetarians, Vegans, Kosher Pareve
- Brand: Cacao Barry
Please note that this item does not originate in the EU and EU customers may therefore have to pay import duty on it at the point of delivery.
Balanced, yet opulent
With a vibrant deep red hue, this is a high fat cacao powder that will provide a balanced dark chocolate flavour profile. The taste of roasted cacao sits front and centre in this powder and as such has a wonderful versatility across multiple applications.
A 100% cacao, no added sugar, high fat alkalised powder.
- Flavour profile: A balanced dark chocolate with notes of wood and spices.
- Colour (see pictures above for wet and dry differences): Vibrant red-brown
- PH level: 7.7-8.1
- Fat content: 22-24%
- Origin: Finest quality West African beans.
- Particle size / fineness: Minimum 99.6% particle size <75μm. The finer the powder, the better the flavour release, smoothness and consistent colour achieving the best aesthetic results.
- Moisture: Maximum 4.5%
- Dispersibility: Standard for alkalised powder.
- Applications: Multi-application, this can be used in all recipes with positive outcomes.
- Packaging: Resealable and recyclable.
Fat content, and why it matters
Much like the varieties of chocolate, fat content varies between each type of cacao powder. A high fat content creates a more rounded mouthfeel and less astringent flavours. A low fat content means the natural bitterness and fruit flavours of the cacao have a much stronger presence, with a lower level of sweetness. With a high fat content of 22-24%, this powder will be a sweet option with lower bitterness.
The pairing recommendations
This is a versatile cacao powder that works in most applications (it’s one of our most popular cocoa powders!) but below are some pairings ideas to complement this flavour profile:
- Brown rum
- Peanut butter
- Black licorice
- Maple syrup
- Dark rum
- Sake Nigori
Cacao Barry works in partnership with the Cocoa Horizons program and 100% of Cacao Barry cocoa beans are sustainably sourced. Established in 2015 by Barry Callebaut, the Cocoa Horizons Program works to improve the livelihoods of cocoa farmers and their communities through the promotion of sustainable, entrepreneurial farming, improved productivity and helping to build self-sustaining communities within the cocoa farming sector that protect nature and children.
- Kosher Pareve
- FREE next business day delivery by DPD or APC on all orders over £150 (ex. VAT).
- Orders placed before 3pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched the same day for delivery the next business day.
- From September to December, orders placed after 3pm on Friday but before 10am on Sunday will also be delivered on the Monday, excluding palletised orders.
- Delivery on orders under £150 (ex. VAT) is £8 plus VAT. No minimum order requirement.
- Orders including personalised items, to-order products or card cut to size are unlikely to be dispatched the same day, but will be dispatched as soon as possible.
UK Highlands/Islands and Republic of Ireland
- Orders placed before 3pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched the same day
- Orders will be dispatched on a 2 day service
- Delivery will be charged as a percentage of the order value, subject to a minimum delivery charge per order.
- If your order is large enough for a pallet, we may give you a quick call to ask if you’re able to accept them. Pallet Track can make sure pallets are delivered right to your door, but we do understand that not everyone is able to receive them.
- Orders placed before 1pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched the same day
- There is no extra charge for palleted deliveries
Frequently bought together
Callebaut Dark Chocolate; 811
Easymelt Chips; Minimum Cocoa Solids 54.5%
Schokinag White Chocolate
Chips; Minimum Cocoa Solids 30%
Callebaut Milk Chocolate; 823
Easymelt Chips; Minimum Cocoa Solids 33.6%
Callebaut White Chocolate; W2
Easymelt Chips; Minimum Cocoa Solids 28%
Schokinag Dark Chocolate
Easymelt Chips; Minimum Cocoa Solids 58%
Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pieces
Callebaut Choffies Dark Chocolate Bakestable Drops
Minimum Cocoa Solids 39.1% Fat 24.5%; approx 7,500 pieces per kg
Cacao Barry Cocoa Powder; Noir
Deep Black; Fat 10-12%